Yu-Gi-Oh Online Message Board: 15th anniversary edition - Chat YuGiOh, deck help, anime/manga, fan fiction

YGOO banner

Yu-Gi-Oh Online: 15th Anniversary Edition Message Board - Chat YuGiOh, deck help, anime/manga, fan fiction : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.2 Yu-Gi-Oh Online Message Board - Chat YuGiOh, deck help, anime/manga, fan fiction

Members: 694, Threads: 2, Posts: 2
Welcome to our newest member, The-Eliminator

Welcome
Welcome to Yu-Gi-Oh Online Message Board - Chat YuGiOh, deck help, anime/manga, fan fiction.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.

You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

The time now is 14:50.
You last visited: 04-08-2004 14:50.
View Today's Active Threads
Mark All Forums Read | Forum Leaders

Current Balance: 0 points
Spend Points

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-02-03 00:23:20

marik
Super Moderator

Greetings.

So, it finally happened....

Well, I guess I wasn't alone then all these years. For a long time I've thought about this forum, and all the memories associated with it. Like Necro, I joined YGOO when I was pretty young. I remember I joined in mid September of 03, which meant I was 13. For the first two years or so, I was pretty much a completely immature idiot that no one (Except Pleh and Ranchan) cared for. I became a mod at some point during that time (briefly), and that went over......horribly.

I can't keep track of how many times I was banned over the years, to be honest. But I'd have to imagine it was probably some sort of record.  As time went on, and people came and went, I eventually ended up making a handful of pretty decent pals. A good portion of them were migrants from YGOD, which I want to say happened in early 2005. Along came Weigraf/Nck, Aku, Mirage, Knives, and several others. Most of these guys were incredibly good at YGO, and really brought life into a forum that had seen most of it's original members (MFacer, Clarke, Ryan, etc) fade off.

I remember a ton of fun using YVD with these guys, and the two I played with the most would definitely be Knives and Mirage. I spent a lot of time chatting on AIM with those guys, though I never really spent much time in the chat.

Another member I ended up being pretty good friends with, and actually chatted on the phone and mailed back and forth a few times, was Skell.

After the whole purge with Skell and Summer, and then the whole falling out with GT...things became a bit stagnant.....Yet, honestly, still quite fun. For a long time, we pretty much just chatted (Mostly Malice and I) about the new chapter of Naruto. We'd also chat about life, and all that jazz. Necro made us both Smods, and we didn't really have anything to do at that point besides ban spam bots on a daily basis.

Then, around September of 2010. Poof.  I've chatted here and there with Malice on various media since, but it's been years. I messaged Moshe (Yamiharrison) on NF, and in typical Moshe fashion, gave zero interest in reminiscing, and some brief discussion of politics ensued. He went on about Yemen, if I recall. Last year I reconnected with GT, but he had no recollection of me. We still had a good conversation, though.

Ran Chan doesnt live too far from me, and I know she is married now. Speaking of not living far from me, last I heard Moshe split his time between the state I live in and Israel.

Eocine and I have crossed paths a few times, naturally.
I talked with Pleh all the time until the demise of MSN. Unfortunately, it's been a couple years since.

Some members I have to remember that I didn't see Necro mention:

That one member who loved gravekeepers. And the color purple. He was really nice.
Kenshin.
Welsh Dragon.
Some girl who loved screamo and lived in Bristol. She was a nice girl, and we were friends on Myspace for like 5 years.

I want to say there are more, but it's a bit hard to remember everyone. I'm sure it will come to me.

Needless to say, after typing in the URL to this (Which I do once ever year or so, in hopes it may pop back up) at 5 AM and actually finding this? Pretty crazy.

<3

~El Magnifico

#2 2018-02-03 02:47:26

NecroAngel
Administrator
Website

Re: Greetings.

Wow! I can't believe someone finally found this, that's great. It was worth it just for this. Sounds like you're just as nostalgic for the site as I am, which is nice to see. I speak to Yamiharrison almost every day and he also didn't really understand why I reminisced about it, until recently anyway as now he's started to become a more nostalgic person. I'm surprised he didn't mention that you PMed him, I'm going to have to have a word with him about that...

I've tried to get in contact with some people as well. I also contacted GT and, like with you, he allegedly had no memory of me. But to be honest, especially now that I've heard you report such a reaction from him too, I think he must look back at that time in his life negatively or something as I really doubt he'd forget about us both, I remember talking to him a lot and us both having strong (mostly negative) feelings about each other, and he himself admitted (in his 'Please...' thread after coming to his senses after demodding a bunch of people) that the site was his life for a couple of years.

Pleh is one of the people I'd like to find out about the most, but I haven't been able to find a trace of him; searching for his old email 'danieltheterrible' and of course 'pleh' etc doesn't give any useful results, I even emailed him at one point but who knows if he still uses hotmail. Can you tell me anything about him? What was he upto last you heard from him?

How's Ran-Chan? Wasn't she a scientologist or something at one point?

>Some girl who loved screamo and lived in Bristol. She was a nice girl, and we were friends on Myspace for like 5 years.

That'd be Sappho182!

A ninja must see underneath the underneath

F5M9qsP.gif

#3 2018-02-03 02:53:45

marik
Super Moderator

Aye. I messaged him maybe a few years back on NF, and he seemed more or less uninterested. Though, we never exactly got along too great.

Yeah, I think GT mostly just put that all in the past. Though, I wonder if he would remember Wani or Skaiba?

Well, I last talked to Pleh maybe in 2011...Perhaps a bit earlier. We mostly talked about music (His love for Daft Punk) and various things going on at the time. I don't recall any personal information on him, other than his name was Dan and that he's British.

Sappho, yeah! She was a cool girl.

Ran-Chan I haven't really spoken to in a long time.  She was a "Independent Raelian"....which..........Is pretty weird. Similar in a sense with Scientology, but a bit more alien focused.

Unfortunately, most of my contacts I had were on either MSN or AIM. Both of which are relics of the past, now.

~El Magnifico

#4 2018-02-03 03:01:28

NecroAngel
Administrator
Website

Yeah I miss MSN. I mostly use Discord and Steam now. You use either of those? I'm heading to bed in a bit but in case you want to add me I'm Squall#4869 on Discord, and here is my Steam. As I mentioned in the other thread, I talk to SKaiba and Yamiharrison regularly, those are the only ones I've managed to stay in contact with.

I remember Pleh liked Daft Punk back in like 2005, guess his music taste didn't change much. I always thought he was incredibly cool and wanted to be like him, although looking back on it now he was just an edgy teenager, but yeah It'd be interesting to see what he's like nowadays. The guys from YGOD were pretty cool, I'd like to see what Akuhei is like, I went on exodia.gg which is the successor to the old place I think, but couldn't find any trace of him or the others really. edit: looks like it's down now too, RIP.

A ninja must see underneath the underneath

F5M9qsP.gif

#5 2018-02-03 03:04:36

marik
Super Moderator

Sure.

I actually haven't used Discord at all, but I may as well get into it. I'll ad you on Steam, as well.

I have to wonder, myself. Last we spoke, he was a lot more calm. He always came off as a really genuine person when actually speaking to him on MSN.

Aku was always nice to me, and I remember his name was John. Also, he was ridiculously good at Yugioh. But that's about it. I mostly spoke with Mirage out of that crew.

~El Magnifico

Board footer